OPTIONS AFTER HIGH SCHOOL
Tuesday, November 13, 2018 - 7:00-9:00 PM - Registration Closed
Parent/Student Transition Workshop hosted by the Newmark Transition Team
Newmark High School - 1000 Cellar Avenue, Scotch Plains, NJ
Finding “the best fit” for your teen is critical to their future success. Join the Newmark Transition team and select Colleges/Agencies for an important evening presentation about “Options After High School” for students with special needs.
- Kean University – Through the Mentor Academic Coaching Program students with IEP’s are supported and coached for success in college.
- Drexel Autism Support Program (DASP) – A student centered program with the goal of promoting academic and social competency, self-advocacy, interpersonal skills, independent living and social integration.
- The Arc Family Institute – A family advocacy institute, the ARC supports families and helps them navigate the system.
- Division of Vocational Rehab. Services (DVRS) – Provides services for individuals with various disabilities, including psychiatric.
- Centenary University – Inclusive and collaborative learning community offering small class sizes, individualized attention, academic and social support to help your student succeed.
- Project Search Agency – Preparing young adults with disabilities for success in integrated, competitive employment.
- Rutgers Center for Adult Autism Services (RCAAS) – Offers a comprehensive program that makes an independent and fulfilling life possible.
- Beacon College – The first accredited institution of higher learning to award bachelor's degrees exclusively to students with dyslexia, ADHD or other specific learning disabilities.
- Stevens Institute of Technology – Private co-ed research university with a collaborative environment that crosses boundaries, a nurturing atmosphere that fosters innovation and contributions to the community. We challenge our students to become better thinkers and doers.
Event is free and open to the public. Advance Registration Required
to select your top two Session Choices.Register