PIN Community Connections
Individual Recognition For Achievement
Newmark Education’s Community Connections PIN program provides individual recognition for achievement by Newmark students who demonstrate personal and social growth by participating in a personally meaningful community-based experience.
Community-based experiences can include the following categories:
Clubs (including Scouting)
Misc. experiences approved by the Newmark PIN Committee
In addition to personally meaningful experiences, Newmark students are also encouraged to focus on earning PINs for service experiences that benefit others. Some examples of recent accomplishments of NHS students include: volunteering at a local temple to prepare food for a halfway house, participating in a beach clean-up through Clean Ocean Action and volunteering to help young children learn to swim at the YMCA.
Students earn individual PINs that represent their achievement. Students who earn PINs receive a lanyard on which to keep their PINs and to wear to display their achievements.
Nomination of a singular activity worthy of achievement must be made by parent, teacher or member of the PIN Committee. The community leader or coach of the event will be asked (by the student) to complete a Digital Nomination Form to nominate a Newmark student.
Once the nomination has been approved, the student will receive a special pin commemorating their achievement with a ceremony in their honor. PIN Program ceremonies occur four times per year (once per marking period) at Newmark K-8 School and two times per year (at the awards assemblies) at Newmark High School. The program culminates in an annual breakfast reception for all recipients
PINS Form Submission Deadlines
Friday, November 12, 2021
Friday, January 21, 2022
Friday, April 1, 2022
Friday, May 20, 2022
K-8 PIN Ceremony #1 - Friday, November 19, 2021
K-8 PIN Ceremony #2 - Friday, January 28, 2022
K-8 PIN Ceremony #3 - Friday, April 8, 2022
K-8 PIN Ceremony #4 - Friday, May 27, 2022
K-8 & NHS PIN Reception- Wednesday, June 8, 2022 (parents invited)
Tips for earning PINs
- Bake a treat for a neighbor in need and deliver to them as a surprise.
- Go through your old clothes and donate what you don’t need anymore. If possible, choose someone you know personally in need or a specific organization.
- Write a get well card to someone that you know has been sick, or a thank you card/gift for first responders in your town.
- Write a letter to someone that is alone, it could be a neighbor, a grandparent or anyone you know has been sheltering alone.
- Build a memorial garden for someone you know who has died or for all people who have died from Covid-19.
- Talk to a friend or family member that is sad, discouraged or maybe frightened by recent changes in the world.
For More Information:
Cathleen M. George, LCSW – Supervisor of Counseling Services, Newmark Education - Tel: 908-753-0330 or firstname.lastname@example.org