Please Review >
Student and Parent Expectations for 2020-21 School Year
For Onsite Learners
- At Home Daily COVID-19 Screening - online form must be completed before sending your child to Newmark every morning (Mon-Thurs). Forms are accessed on your new PowerSchool Unified Classroom Parent Portal.
- Remember, once the school year starts, if your child shows signs or symptoms of illness, please keep your child home from school.
- Middle School and High School students will be required to bring in their own headphones/ ear buds for school computers . K-5 students may bring as well but sanitized headphones can be provided for them.
For Full Time Remote Learners and All Students on Friday
- Cameras should be turned ON during virtual instruction
- Students will be encouraged to engage with the class: Ask Questions! Share your thoughts!
- All student will follow the same school behavior modification program system expectations whether they are onsite or remote.
Remote Learning Goals:
Online have students ask for help and connect to the teacher. If teachers need to call students individually, they will do so. Teachers will continue weekly parent phone calls as scheduled.
Ask students to set up a workspace to complete assignments and keep to the schedule as best as possible. This space should be distraction free.
Students should turn off all other technology while in class online. Teachers can schedule brain breaks halfway through each period as needed.
Newmark will continue to follow regular school schedule and provide LIVE office hours during academic instruction periods.Teachers will Post assignments each day, utilize live and recorded video/calls, engage students in using the message feature so teachers know they are online. All Related Services, Art & PE have packets given to teachers to send home with students as needed.
How to access Office 365 from your home:
Go to web-based Office.com
- Students can login with their school account [first initial and last name] @student.newmarkeducation.com and school-issued password
- If you are having issues downloading the Office App your child's Remote Learning session, we recommend using Chrome instead of Safari or Firefox. Download the "Teams" Application from Office.com and sign-in to the App.
- If Mac User - 2 options: use the Google Chrome browser or download the Microsoft app at https://products.office.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/download-app .
Best Web Browser for Office 365: Use Microsoft’s latest version of Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. However, it is encouraged users download the Microsoft Teams app at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/download-app#desktopAppDownloadregion
More of a visual learner? Visit Microsoft Teams learning instructional videos.
Students can login to Office 365 from home to access their school assignments and all school-related communication from their teachers.
Clever is a Single Sign On portal for many of Newmark’s subscription based tools. Please follow the instructions below to access when not at school.
To access: Click on Clever- Login and it will take you to the Single Sign On screen. Select Microsoft Office 365. Please enter your login which would be your student email address and password for Office 365.
Students and Parents:
Technical Support Email: If you are having issues during remote learning, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org